Thursday, January 05, 2006

musak.

So a friend of mind hooked me up with Derek Webb's "House Show" CD and it rocks. It is him and his guitar and he preaches a ton. It is beautiful. His words are passionate, and the songs are great. So much of this CD is directed at the church and God's romancing of it, as well as our mandate to love the church as well. It is scratching me where I itch. I hope that doesn't sound gross. Why would it? Why am I typing these questions?

The aforementioned friend is my pal Van. I love him. Within a small handful of people in my life I feel I have a soul connection with. Whatever that means. I know what I mean. If he and my sis had never dated and broken up who knows. I think he is probably one of the people that helped me develop a love for music. In addition he hooked me up with a CD called electric Mud. It is Muddy Waters first CD with and electric, and it is bad to the bone. Muddy, by the way is from MS. It is real. That being said I think that is what I like about Derek Webb as well. He is real.

Final note: Julie attempted contact on or near Christmas day via the cell phone to see how I was handling being home post storm. It was a voicemail. I thought it was nice. Perhaps one day we can be pals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't heard much of Derek Webb's stuff but what I have heard sounded good. You still haven't e-mailed me. But I will talk to you later I suppose.