Tuesday, July 11, 2006

entertainment

Today I was talking to a friend and he was telling me about a friend of his who has opted to bartend instead of pursuing a teaching career because she could make alot more money tending bar. It made me really consider how much we love entertainment. Maybe this is a clue why we are content to channel surf without ever being entertained instead of reading a book or doing something active. words, like pockets, are hard. I'm not as sad as this post sounds.

on a lighter note, I picked ryan howard to win the home run derby last night and he did. He is a freak, cecil fielder with a batting average; he'll be a monster before its all over. I'm picking the national league to win the allstar game tonight because I'm a homer like that. Brian Fuentes will have four saves and Matt Holliday will hit 10 homers in 3 ab's.

I'm also realizing that life is interesting, and I think sometimes we have to be really brave not to just peace out.

4 comments:

Loren said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Loren said...

yay for pockets being hard.
hope we can catch up soon.
don't peace out. you do too good of a job of living life to do that.

Dana said...

glad we finally got to talk. :)

you better believe life is interesting!

btw - my parents were at the cards/braves game last night when the weather got all wild and crazy. they didn't get hurt, but i guess it was a bit scary...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.