Friday, June 16, 2006

tasty

Earlier tonight I was hungry. Hungry and unmotivated. I wanted to eat. I wanted to eat something tasty, however I was having a problem getting really excited about eating because I ultimately understood that I'd be hungry again. I was frustrated with my body that it couldn't savor the food for longer than it does. I like to eat. All of this got me thinking about God. I was thinking about how our bodies are created to need food for fuel at every moment, and we always need to be seeking out more food. I was thinking about how our souls are similar. I think it is really interesting how we place so much emphasis on accepting Christ, when the reality is that is the birth, you know. I think the best analogy we should transmit to people is the idea of food. Entering into a relationship with God is agreeing to eat. It is realizing that he is sustenance and something we should continue to pursue all the time, not because we want to but because we need it to live. I like thinking about God like this. It makes a lot more sense to me and helps me remember that the "accepting" is almost irrelevant once you do it. "food for the stomach and stomach for food, but God will destroy them both," makes sense right?

5 comments:

Brendon said...

and so lately ive been thinking about how i eat too much...

guess ive really been on a diet and need to eat more...

Anonymous said...

So, what did you end up eating? Inquiring minds want to know.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Tramadol mepha Fioricet acetaminophin butalbital

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! »

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Subaru greenville sc homes for sale sioux falls sd Is zoloft avail in generic in the us Amosl gay tmobile t mobile cell phones no plans Club disney forum vacation lamictal rash picture