Wednesday, October 05, 2005

X

Last night I saw the movie American History X. Rock. It was powerful, beautiful, and grotesque. It is about hate, and how it accomplishes nothing. I am tempted to insert a sweet hippy statement here, but I relent. Nevertheless it is a beautiful portrait of how broke we are, but how we all realize evil corrupts, and satisfies only for a time, but in the end is left wanting. 2 enthusiastic thumbs up. Also sweet: Lord of War. Saw it last week. It is another portrait of how broke we are as humans, and how we are in need of rescue.

2 comments:

Loren said...

I've only been told about some parts of American History X and I don't know if I could even sit through it. Do you think the grotesque and graphic parts were necessary to make the point? Just curious.

jeff said...

I think all of the graphic stuff was entirely necessary. It enhances the plot, it is tough to stomach though.